Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2009 is on it's way....

The 2009 year is on it's way. Here is my monthly planner I made with the Create-A-Calendar '09 kit that is in the Holiday Mini. I paired it up with an Art Journal and the Calendar background stamp set and the Full Calendar stamp set.
The front, I used a piece of Bashful Blue card stock which I made the ring binding with the Spiral punch. A little trick I did this time, on the top and the bottom of the binding, it is alway a little tricky to see how much you need to cut off so the punch be able to fit and what will line up with the binding. This time I left a little border on the top and the bottom with the card stock so the sheet of card stock would not fill up the whole front of the journal. I adhered the self-adhesive strips from the scrappin' kit to the top of the bottom to fill in where the card stock didn't cover. It gave it a more complete and more polished look. In the past, you would need to be careful and cut a little bit of the card stock so the punch would fit so you can start the spiral edge and then the piece would be left. You would adhere it down to your book, but eventually with wear and tear it would come up. This way, it keeps the card stock down and reinforces the top and bottom of the journal in place. The front the added additions were the Button Bouquet and the Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon. The rest was all fron the kit.
On the inside I cut calendar portion of the kit as closely to the edge as possible. I then turned over the paper and put the designer side of the paper around the edge of the calendar. I filled in the rest of the page with coordinating card stock and to give it a more polished look, I put a strip of whisper white in between the patterned designer paper from the kit and the card stock. The numbers I filled in my retired real red journaling marker.
Still not sure you need the Create a Calendar, check out my friend Colleen's great idea in making it a mini scrapbook calendar. Click here to be brought to her blog to see her creation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to have to make one of these! Love yours & Colleens!