Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sketch Challenge



Well this week, my friend Kelly posted a sketch challenge for all our fellow demonstrators. I welcome you to join me in the challenge, I have to say it was a lot of fun starting with a sketch this time and just copying. They always say use our catalogs for inspiration, why re-create the wheel, use Stampin' Up!'s ideas and make them your own. So our challenge and yours if you decide to take it is... On Page 9 of the Sale-a-bration brochure there is a birthday card, take the card and make it your own. Here is the card from the Sale-a-bration brochure, it features the Polka Dot Punches stamp set that you can earn for free with a 50$ purchase.

Here is my version of the card I first looked for designer series that s paper that had stripes in it. I found it in the retired Frosty Day designer paper from the Holiday Mini. I put a strip of the Frosty Day on the side of the card. Instead of the 4 circles on the side, I decided to go with a chocolate chip scallop edge followed by a strip of close to cocoa. Next I took a piece of Frosty Day in the Tangerine Tango color and adhered it to the front of the card, next I pulled out retired poly twill chocolate chip ribbon. Next came the circle image, I cut the large circle with my Coluzzle. I then took my Love You Bunch stamp set and with my Stampin' Write Markers, I only colored in the scallop edge from the Hugs&Kisses image. I stamped in the card stock and punched it out our scallop circle. Next came the image from the great Rock Star image from the hostess exclusive A Little Somethin', I punched this image with the large star punch. The finishing touches was the Fire Rhinestone and the paper piercing on the large circle. I did a free hand job of piercing, but I did after I adhered all the images. I used the scallop circle as guide for where to put the paper piercing. I tried to put it equal distance from the scallop edge and the edge of the large circle. Lastly came the PARTY ON, from the Fundamental Phrases stamp set. We had the word party in that set, with the on I masked off from the word congrats from the set. I have to say I like the outcome. So use the Idea Book & Catalog for inspiration, you will surprise yourself with the results. Thanks Kelly for the challenge.

3 comments:

Kelly Mahoney said...

I am so glad that you liked this challenge! Your results were amazing! I love this card.

Anonymous said...

awesome job on this! I'm still trying to figure out something!

Anonymous said...

Stasia, great job using the layout. I can't wait to give this a try.