Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Extra Cardstock


I had some extra card stock cut up from June's Open Workshop. Since I needed a 40th masculine birthday card I decided to change it up a little bit and make a card for the party I was going to this past weekend. First, I started with stamping the Canvas background followed by the Calendar stamp set. Next came stamping the word June from the Full Calendar stamp set. Next came stamping the cupcake from the Holiday Blitz stamp set which I cut out and adhered to the card with a dimensional. Next, I stamped the word Happy Birthday from the Amazing and Zany stamp set. Next, I punched out a 1 3/8" square with chocolate chip card stock. Next, I took the 1 3/8" inch circle and punched it out. On the circle I stamped the word celebrate from the Everyday Flexible Phrases set and stamped the number 30 from the Short Order Alphabet. I attached the circle onto the card with a Stampin' Dimensional. Next came a piece of hodgepodge hardware that I tied some poly twill chocolate chip ribbon and attached it to the square. Next, I adhered a strip of the poly twill ribbon to the chocolate chip strip and two natural buttons finish the card.

1 comment:

Kimmarie Baker said...

I always love all your cards but this one takes the cake! I love that you used the calendar stamp in a different way. I will be making some of these for both male and female. Thanks for the inspiration!