Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What's Old is New Again

This week at Stampin' Royalty we are taking on the challenge of What's Old is New Again - revamp an old card. can be a remake of old sketch/style with new products, or can use old card and spruce it up. be sure to add before and after photos!

This has to be one of my favorite challenges.  I knew when the challenge was announced that I wanted to use one of my old scrapbook as inspiration.    As I went through my scrapbook pages I realized that I have not been scrapbooking as much!!  

That is a new goal for me in 2015 as well to fit more scrapbooking in!   Scrapbooking was one of the main reasons I fell in love with the Stampin' Up! products.    What better than stamps to add to my collection of supplies.     When I started scrapbooking I bought lots and lots of stickers.   It started to get costly.   I kept thinking one sticker on one page.     This was before the 40% off coupons came into place.   I knew that if I continued with the sticker route that scrapbooking was going to get costly.    Well with stamps not only do I create one page, I can use the same images on future projects, cards and gift packages.   I can also then pass on the stamps to someone else when I am done working with them.    It makes me happy to see so much mileage comes from one set of stamps.

Here is my Fast-Food Friends stamp set used on a page with my nieces at McDonald's.  I am so sad to see this set go.  I made sure I picked it up before the set retires June 1st.    We are a McDonald's family.    Who can resist the salty fries!

Here is my page I was inspired by.   It was my nephew's scrapbook page I made in 2012.   Click here to learn more details on the page.

Ingredients to make the card:
Stamp Sets:  Fast- Food Friends, Geometrical
Ink:   Daffodil Delight, Real Red
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red, Maritime Designer Series Paper, Daffodil Delight Designer Series Paper
Accessories:   Real Red Button, Bright Candy Dots, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine
Tools:   Circle Framelits



No comments: