Monday, October 1, 2007

Dry Embossing Card Idea


A good friend of mine is starting a new job today. Here is a card that I made for her to celebrate her new endeavor. The stamp sets are Silly Sealife and the greeting is from Amazing to Zany. I dry embossed circles on the background of the card from the Punches Plus Classy Brass Template.

When I went to color in the dolphin, I used Stampin' Up's watercolor paper. At convention someone demonstrated that it is one of the best paper we have to color with. So I decided to give it try and it really did a great job when I went to color the dolphin with my blender pens and the ink from my ink pads. They say when you color in with your Stampin' Write Markers on watercolor paper, you don't see the lines when coloring and the colors blend. I was so happy to learn that. Another tip when watercoloring, you want to use Staz-on ink, this will not make your color run like our Basic Black Classic Ink.

The circles were cut out with my coluzzle cutting system. I paper pierced the almost amethyst card stock around the dolphin. I attached some silver eyelets with my crop-a-dile to finish the card off. The colors are Bashful Blue and Almost Amethyst.

No comments: