Monday, November 5, 2007

Home Sweet Home


Here's a card I made for a friend of mine that just bought a new home. The inspiration came from the saying Home Sweet Home and the word "sweet" from the Sweet Shapes stamp set. So this is where my inspriation took me.

I cut circles out with my Coluzzle cutting system to make a donut. I stamped the word home twice on the inside ring. I then took the 3/4" circle punch and punched many little chocolate chip circles and adhered them under the cut out Coluzzle shaped. I paper pierced the center of each of the little chocolate chip circles. I then placed a piece of chocolate chip under the inside circle (inside of the donut) to cover it up. Then I stamped the word sweet and punched it out with my circle punch and put into the center with dimensionals. I punched Rose Red card stock with my Trio Flower punch from my Three for You punch box and put a vintage brad in the center and popped up with a dimensional.

The background of the card is creamy caramel card stock and Outlaw designer series paper. I put a strip of Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain in between the two backgrounds. I also added a knot of chocolate chip to the bottom of the home sweet home. Lastly, two vintage brads were added to the top right hand corner.

No comments: