Monday, December 31, 2007

Homemade Planner for 2008

Every year I look back at my planner and say what a mess. How did I ever keep track of everything? Well this year I decided to make my own planner with Stampin' Up! Calendar stamp set. The stamp is the size of a background stamp and it gives you the full grid for a calendar. So I took our On Board Art Journal and stamped my calendar for each month inside.


Well I took it one extra step, for each month I stamped three calendars. I know that seems a little excessive, but I figured why not I have all the extra pages and I didn't have to fill in all the days of the month right away. The reason for the three calendars was one was for birthdays, anniversaries and holidays. The next one was for work and then another for evening and weekend events. This way I can see right away see what days I had available. In the past they were all jumbled in one box and it was hard to see what I had planned what day.

I stamped the months with my Short Order Alphabet. If I could only have waited, the new Spring Summer Collection has all the months in a stamp set that I could have stamped the months in one quick motion. You know what is on the top of my list for Stampin' Up new catalog wish list. Lastly, I took the Basic Brown Stampin' Journaling Marker and wrote in the dates by hand.
The outside of the journal was decorated with our Fall Flowers designer series paper. I took the On Board Simon Upper number 08 and sponged Chocolate Chip ink on them. The side of the book, I put chocolate chip card stock that I punched the sprial punch on. In between the card stock and the Designer Series paper, I adhered some wide grosgrain chocolate chip ribbon. Lastly, on the binding I tied some chocolate chip tafetta and mellow moss grosgrain ribbons.

Happy New Year! Only one more day until the Spring Summer Collection is released!

No comments: