Friday, March 14, 2008

Birthday Whimsy and Faux Diamond Dust


Sale-a-bration is slowly coming to an end. I can't believe how time has flown. If you are interested in earning one of the 6 Sale-a-bration products, don't delay you only have a few short days left. Here is a card I made with the Sale-a-bration set, Birthday Whimsy and the Faux Diamond Dust technique. I stamped the cake and then I took my Versamark pad and covered the cake with the Versamark ink. Next, I sprinkled some Iridescent Ice and heat embossed it. Next I took a strip of our fabulous new paper from the Occasions mini, Summer Picnic and adhered it to the card. Real Red wide grosgrain ribbon, red buttons and a strip of real red card stock finish it off.



I took the card to another level and decorated the inside and made the balloons pop. I also applied the faux diamond dust technique on them and cut them out. The greeting also comes from a Sale-a-bration stamp set, Lots of Thoughts. I used my Stampin' Write markers to color in the text I wanted and then I punched it out with our 1 3/8" circle punch and layered it on top of the 2 large square punches. Lastly, to make the card pop, I folded a strip of paper that was evenly scored 4 times to and then folded to make a box. Then two sides of the box were attached to the two sides of the card. Then balloons were adhered to another side. So when you are done, the top will be the only side that is not attached to something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this card. Beautiful. I have to see this in person this weekend!!! See you Sunday!!!