Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tart & Tangy 8 1/2 x 11 Scrapbook Page


Here are this week's color combination: Almost Amethyst, Mellow Moss and Bravo Burgundy. Well I kept thinking what stamp set could I possibly use for this color combination. I kept thinking a floral because of the mellow moss could be used for the leaves. Then it came to me that I can stamp my cherries in Bravo Burgundy. So I took my Stampin' Write Markers out and used the Mellow Moss and Bravo Burgundy to color the cherries in. Then I took my flower trio punch from the Three For You punch box and punched out two flowers that I put a silver brad through the center. I attached them to the strip of white with my Stampin' Dimensionals. Next I made a scallop border with my slit punch. Next I took my Short Order alphabet and stamped the word cousins and punched each of the letters our with my 3/4" square punch. The finishing touch was the Mellow Moss grosgrain ribbon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never think of Scrapbook pages for these challenges - great idea! I love the scallop border!

Lorraine said...

The sound you hear is me smacking my head - cherries, yes! Love it!