Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hand print scrapbook page


I finally had a chance to do something that I read about a while ago. To tell you the truth, I don't even remember where I read this, must have been on a mailing list or on splitcoast. It talked about doing hand prints with children. What you do is take the child's hand and put versamark on it. Then place the child's hand on a piece of card stock. Next sprinkle white embossing powder on the image and emboss. There you go a hand print with out the messy ink. Versamark is clear so you can take it off with just a quick baby wipe. Since my niece is starting to ask to go downstairs to stamp with me. I just knew I could get her to do it with me finally.


So here is her hand print that I put with a recent picture I took of her on a scrapbook page. The hand image I cut out with my Coluzzle and put the date with my uni-Signal white gel pen. I then place that along with her photo on top of a piece of the retired Berry Bliss retired designer series paper and a stirp of new 1 1/4" Pink Pirouette Grosgrain Ribbon. I tied a knot and put it in between the photo and the hand print. The scallop edge I made with my slit punch. The name Julie was die cut with Big Shot and Serif Essentials die cut. Then I stamped the butterflies from the Flight of the Butterfly set, cut them out and attached them to the page with dimensionals.

What a great way to capture their hand prints at any age. I still can't believe how big her little hand is already!

No comments: