Friday, October 23, 2009

Housewarming Card


A friend of mine just moved into a new home. I pulled out a stamp set I have had for a very long time, it just happens to be the stamp set I made my first card that appeared on Stamper's Showcase.
Here is the card I made for her and the ingredients to make it:
Stamp Set: Place in the Country (retired)
Ink: Basic Brown, Watercolor Crayons, Basic Brown Stampin' Write Marker
Paper: Autumn Meadows designer series paper, Chocolate Chip and Watercolor paper
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Wide Grosgrain Ribbon and 5/16" Chococolate Chip Brads
Tools: Top Note Sizzex, Big Shot, Blender Pen
Special touches on this card: I stamped the image with my Basic Brown stamp pad. The windows and the door did not stamp dark enough for me, so I decided to color them in with my stampin' write marker. I also decided to define the pumpkins so you could see the lines in the them. Next I took my blender pens and started to color in the image. I attached the fall scene to the card with dimensionals at the end. Next I die cut the top note first in Chocolate Chip and then I took a piece of the Autumn Meadow designer paper. I cut along the preforrated edge of the Autumn Meadow and attached it to the Chocolate Chip. The chocolate ribbon was attached and I tied a bow and attached to the card with a glue dot.

No comments: