Monday, October 5, 2009

Pals Paper Arts Challenge

This week Pals Paper Arts brings us a theme challenge. The theme is Gratitude and Thanks. So we need post a project that shows something we are grateful for, a thank you note or has a Thanksgiving motif. I ended up using an older Mojo Monday sketch for this card,

So here is my card and the ingredients to make it:
Stamp Sets: Leaf Lines, So Many Sayings (retired)
Ink: Basic Brown Earth Elements Watercolor Crayons
Paper: Autumn Meadows Designer Series Paper, Watercolor Papaer, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Vintage Brads, Twill Tape, Pewter HodgePodge Hardware (retired)
Tools: 5/16" Corner Rounder punch, slit punch, spiral border punch from a local craft store, sponge, blender pens

Special Touches on the Card: I stamped the image and colored in with my water color crayons starting with the lighter colors and then work my way up to the chocolate chip, blending all the while. The colors I used were More Mustard, Really Rust and Chocolate Chip. I tore the end and sponged some color on and then added more sponged into the image so it wasn't bright white. I then adhered it to a piece of chocolate chip. There was a slit made and the twill tape was threaded through along with a piece of hodgepodge and I tied a knot.

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful for fall - still love that pewter hardware!

Margaret Moody said...

Gorgeous, Stasia! Love your colors and paper choices! Very nice!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card! I love the layout! Thanks for playing @ PPA!