Saturday, June 2, 2018

Light You Shine



So here is my second submission for this week's Global Design challenge.    What can I say when I am inspired, I am inspired.       I am really hoping that my designs catch the design team's eye.   I try to use the current products in the catalog, but I there are so many great things in my collection I find it a sin not to use them.     When they only come out a year in the catalog and they retire, it makes me sad especially when you only get a chance to create one card with the set.      That is not the case with High Tide.   It did make it into the catalog which makes me happy, but I am a little upset with myself I only created two card with this beautiful set.     I did use the seagulls more than once at least that is something.  

I made the background with sponging on Mint Macaron and masking with post -its.     The lighthouse was stamped by stamping Night of Navy off on scrap paper and then stamping the lighter shade.   Then Night of Navy was the outline.      Candy dots complete the card.    Can we all tell Stampin' Up! they need to bring candy dots back or enamel dots.     We just need them or maybe I need them! 





2 comments:

Linda Handford said...

Love this card, great idea for background stripes

Linda Handford said...

Great card, love the way you’ve done your background