Sunday, September 30, 2018

Beware

  


 

I had so much fun creating this Halloween decor items for my home.   I love the Tim Holtz line.    The amazing Distress Oxide inks, stamps, the dies, the paper, oh my.

When I saw the zombie I just knew I had to get this fun Halloween stamp set.   He called out to me.   If you know me I am not a fan of zombies.    My niece would be arguing with me if she read this.  I keep telling her no to some Halloween zombie dvd she wants telling her how much I do not like them.   What do I do I buy a stamp set because I like the zombie. 

The backgrounds of the potion/candy bottles were first the amazing Halloween Tim Holtz paper stash.    The ovals backgrounds were made with Distress Oxide inks.    I used Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, Wilted Violet.    The spider web come from an embossing folder.   I then ran my Versamark accross the raised embossed image and then added some black embossing powder and heat embossed it.    After that was done I sponged on the Distress Oxide ink.     All the images were colored in with my Stampin' Blends and Copic Markers.     The poison tag comes from the Tim Holtz Halloween words.

My favorite is my Beware Halloween frame.   So out of my comfort zone.   I usually not a skull and cross bones girl.    In the Tim Holtz Halloween paper pack there is a great piece of spiderweb clear plastic sheet.   I love it.   It was were I drew my inspiration.   I wanted it to be clear and so all the beautiful designs shine through.    So that is where the picture frame came in.   Michaels had this great wire frame and it had so much personality that I knew it was going to be a good fit for the project. 

The rest was pretty straight forward.    Beware was die cut from the Halloween words.    Skull was stamped and die cut and then colored in with my Copic Markers.   Flowers were fussy cut from the paper pack.    I used my EK Success pennant to create the banner.   As for the spiders they were in my craft stash and they were just the little touch that added to the project. 



No comments: