Saturday, November 3, 2018

Wreath and Tree

  

On Pinterest you may have seen these amazing little wreaths made with the Sprig Punch in the Holiday Mini.    They are amazing.   I have a feeling I will be making a few of them.    They are going to be just perfect to put on gifts and I get to use up my scraps of green card stock.     For the wreath I used a 2 1/2 inch circle with a 2 inch circle to make a ring.   Then the sprigs get adhered only on the end to the ring.   Alternate shades of green and the other trick is to not really line up the sprigs one after another.    You can go a little to the left and then to the right but keeping on the ring when adhering.     When you are done you can shape it because only the one end will be adhered to the ring.  You can poof it a little. 

The little tree was something I played with and made.    I had a spool and dowel that I cut down to size.    I used my crop a dile and 3/4" circle punch to make a ring to put on the dowel.    To keep the ring in place I used glue dots.    Then adhered spring to cascade down.   Then I added another ring left about a 1/4" of an inch in between and started layering the next set of cascading springs.    Buffalo check paper was adhered to the spool.   Both projects I added some retired Gingham ribbon. 

No comments: