Thursday, January 16, 2020

Scrapbooking Global January 2020 Blog Hop







So I decided to take this month's Scrapbooking Global challenge of New Beginnings!    I took a picture new year's eve.   I wanted a photo to remind me of the end of 2019 and the beginning of 2020.   A new year and a new decade.   I want to see how much I will change in the year and decade ahead.    I am starting out on a positive outlook filled with possibilities.     So many things have happened in the past decade.   So many lessons learned,  laughter filled with heartache and also lots of joy.    I know I have learned to appreciate everything that is my life.   Trying to live in gratitude and with a positive outlook.

I decided to use the Wrapped in Plaid designer series paper for color inspiration.   The title was die cut with the Hand Lettered framelits.    The sentiment comes from the Everything Festive stamp set.   I masked part of the sentiment for the page and die cut it in a Stitched Nested Labels.  

Trees were stamped from the Rooted in Nature stamp set.   If you don't have this beauty, I highly suggest adding it to your stamp collection.    Lastly strips of card stock, Wrapped in Plaid designer paper, Tags & Feather elements, Festive Farmhouse elements and True Gentlemen buttons were added as finishing touches.   



I am the last stop in the hop, so to start over, you will be heading to Sara Levin.      

If for some reason you get lost or the hop one of the links is broken here is the complete list of hoppers.










6 comments:

www.ACrowningCreation.com said...

What a great concept to take a photo to see how much you will change going forward. And those cute tiny little trees made me smile! Nice page.

Sherry said...

Love your layout!

Delys said...

Oh Stasia this is one stunning LO! What a great idea and will do the same I think! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sharni Haines - Australia said...

I love your idea and positive outlook for a fresh new year and the possibilities it holds for you. It's a great page and use of rustic, woodland themes. Lovely.

Studio Shabaz - CreativeMe68 said...

Stasia that is a FANTASTIC idea taking a photo on the last day of the year to reflect and focus on the new year ahead...Love the style of your layout!!!
Thank you for joining in last minute, loved having you here...Please join in again next month....Cheers Shaz

Sara Levin said...

Beautiful idea to scrapbook the beginning of a decade! And to look forward to the memories to be made!!