Thursday, July 20, 2023

Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop - July 2023 Grid Pattern





Can you say I am excited that I had the time and the creativity to come up with a scrapbook page for this month's Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop!    The pattern is a grid pattern.   I was looking for ideas and then I saw the checkerboard pattern and immediately thought of the 80s.   I am a child of the 80s.   We had high hair, ridiculous fashions and the best music ever!!!    I made some of the best friends and most are still a big part of my life.   I also made the best memories with them.    I picked out some of my favorites and added them to the page.

The background was made with square punch.   The title was stamped with Alphabest stamp set.   The sentiments come from the Flowers of Friendship and Waves of Inspiration stamp set.   The color palette is Melon Mambo, Basic Black and Lemon Lime Twist.   The images come Epic Celebrations.   3/4 square punch cut outs were cut in a diagonal to make a triangle and the heart punches were the finishing touch to the project.

The next stop in the blog hop is Cheryl Taylor.








 

7 comments:

Studio Shabaz - CreativeMe68 said...

LOL, Loving that you are a girl of the 80's too, I cannot believe that you are old enough.
Love everything about your layout...Especially the photographs. I must dig out some of my school photos. Thanks for once again joining us over here at the Blog Hop...Looking forward to your second page..
Cheers Shaz

Studio Shabaz - CreativeMe68 said...

Stacia, Love everything about this layout, I am sure that I left a comment before BUT cannot remember what I wrote. BUT I love that you are an 80's child like me and I cannot believe that you are old enough. Thank you for joining the hop once again, nice to see your name in the hop attendees. My favourite thing about your layout is the photos of all the BIG HAIR. Looking forward to seeing your second page... I must dig up some of my boarding school photos in the 80's. Hope you will join us again on another hop really soon.
Cheers Shaz

Julia said...

What a fabulous grid!! Love the way you've created the checkerboard. ANd the Colours WOW. They really do take you back to the 80's. Just brilliant.

Sharni Haines - Australia said...

Oh my.... this certainly brings back memories of my childhood youth! Fluro colours, big hair, bigger shoulder pads, oh it stills makes me squirm! But I loved my time in the 80's and a lot of the music! lol
You certainly have captured the essence in your page Stasia! A fun page a great way to keep fond memories.

Anonymous said...

What a fun page. Definitely 90’s vibe. Great job!
Jill

Anonymous said...

So many 80s icons in your layout - the colours, the checkerboard, the hair, the shoes… everything just screams the awesome 80s! I love it!

Sherry said...

Love your layout! It brings back so many memories - the outfits, the hair... Nothing quite like the 80s!