Tuesday, June 22, 2021

End of 2020-21 School Year


  This has been a school year for the record books.    We knew going in it was going to be a challenge especially after getting a sneak peak of three months, but nothing could have prepared us or the kids for the challenges they faced and had to get through.     I had the privilege of helping my niece, 3rd grader, and my nephew, 1st grader through this challenging time.     I was there to fill in the blanks where things got dropped and help them connect and make sure they should up on time and focused all while playing short order cook for them.     I am so proud of the two of them.    They have amazed me how much they have grown as individuals, their determination and quick learners they were.    The norm was thrown out.   They had to learn computer skills, not see their friends and do so many things on their own.    With all that they got great grades and worked together and helped one another out.    I am so happy I was there to see them light up when they had their ahh now I get it moments or go away I got this Stasia I don't need you.    They are rockstars! 

The mug was a must have.    We literally survived the past year.       The gift card holder for the teacher's was made with retired stamp sets, BYOP for the sentiment and Elementary Essentials for the pencil and ruler.    The DSP is True Love.

I made a card for my two little rock stars.   I used a lot of sentiments from old sets:  Geometrical Marquee Messages, Here's to Strong Woman and Perfect Pairings.    The triangle border comes from the Stitched Triangles.    The stars are from the Here's to Strong Woman.    The colors used were:   Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, So Saffron and Granny Apple Green.


 

No comments: