Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Getting Organized

With the new catalog came a color revamp.   New colors appeared and old favorites returned.    Before I started creating again I wanted to get familiar with the new color families and to get samples and take stock of what I owned.   So if you were ever wondering what 19 years of collecting stamp pads, paper and ink look like this is.   A few months ago I actually took stock of what I had and went through all the pads to see what was good and what was clearly not working no matter how much reinking of the stamp pad.  My order was just replacing old ink pads and getting ink refills.   I also did that with my Stampin' Blends.  It was like I new a color revamp was on it's way. 

So many colors, I decided to get samples of everything I owned and write down how many actual ink refills I own.   I can say now I own 4 bottles of Soft Sky ink refills.   




The second thing I did which I have been holding off for some time is to get a new tablet.   You ask what I need a new tablet for.   Well you know when you are going from blog to blog or on Pinterest and you save ideas for inspiration or future projects, I decided back in 2012 to start saving those ideas on a tablet.   I then took those ideas and put them in different folders so if I was ever in a slump or need inspiration, I had them at my fingertips.    That works great as long as the tablet is ready to go.  Being that it was over 10 years old, let's just say the battery lasted for about a half an hour.  

So it took me a few days but I finally got all the ideas transferred from the old to the new.  I feel like I am visiting an old friend.   It is just what I needed to get my mojo and creativity to return.




 

No comments: