Saturday, August 18, 2007

Birthdays

One of my little guys is having a birthday party today that I am attending. The gift is huge. It is a dump truck, so I am going to have some fun wrapping it a little bit. I think I am going to cheat and just put in some cellaphane and tie a bow on it. I made 2 versions of the tag, not sure which one is going to make it on the gift. Both tags use the Eat Cake stamp set. The colors are So Saffron, Certainly Celery and Ballet Blue. I just love the color combination. I got my inspiration from the monthly Stampin' Success magazine that is mailed to all demonstrators. I was so excited to use Ballet Blue. It is one of those colors that I have not picked up in sometime now. Now it will one I use since I absolutely love this color combo.

The first tag, I cut out two circles with Coluzzle. One white (smaller) and then another with Ballet Blue (larger). I layered one on top of the other. Then I punched many 3/4" Circles out. I put mono on the outside edge of the Ballet Blue edge and then started to place the circles around the outside edge. When I was done, I put some Dazzling Diamonds on the tag. I finished the tag off by stamping the greeting from Fun & Fast Notes.



The second tag, I added a paper piercing Ballet Blue strip to the bottom of the card. I stamped the confetti in the background with So Saffron. The greeting I used from Think Happy Thoughts. I layered it with my circle punches on top of the scallop punch. The number 3 comes from Short Order Numbers.

I also just received a beautiful belated birthday card from my friend Diane. It uses the Delight in Life stamp set. It's a Sellabration set from the beginning of this year. I love the way she cut out the flowers and layered them on the card. She used Lavendar Lace and Apricot Appeal. I love getting homemade cards!

No comments: