Friday, August 17, 2007

WANTED Beach Bums

This is one of my favorite projects. I got this great mini catalog bag at the Stampin' Up Convention this year. So instead of putting mini catalogs in the front which is the intent of the bag, I made a scrapbook page and put in the front plastic sleeve for my friend, Diane.

The journaling says WANTED Beach Bums to Spend Hours on the Beach, Playing in the Sand, Catching Rays & Jumping in the Water. Must Have Keen Sense of Hearing to Hear the Ice Cream Truck From Miles Away.

Every summer I get to spend a week with these beautiful children. They are the best. I treasure the week I get to spend time with them and my friend Diane.

To make the page, I used the WANTED stamp set. I stamped the background with Sahara Sand with images. Then I stamped in black on top of the Sahara Sand and punched it out with the scallop punch. They I put a jumbo pewter eyelet in the middle. It maybe hard to see on top of the black cardstock, but along the edge I dry embosssed circles with my Crop-a-dile. Did you know you can do that! I believe you need to have the Crop-a-dile set at A and 1 on top. Once you do that you start punching like you are closing an eyelet, but instead it makes a dry embossed circle. If you line the Crop-a-dile along the edge of the paper, it makes a even line of circles down your edge. Very cool. It is just what you need sometimes when you need just a little more, but you know you should not stamp another thing or no embellishment seems to work.

No comments: