Monday, August 13, 2007

Fallin' for Holiday Blitz

I have to say I absolutely love the images in the new stamp set, Holiday Blitz. It covers every occasion you would need for card making and scrapbooking. I have been fallin' for Holiday Blitz by making some some Fall cards with it. Even though the weather cooled down a little the last couple of days here in NJ, it still doesn't quite feel like Fall, but here are some cards to get us thinking of the beautiful fall weather which is around the corner.

The first card, I used the Think Happy Thoughts stamp set for the greeting. I used three of our wonderful Stampin' Up punches to layer the greeting and pumpkin in the middle. I colored the pumpkins with our Stampin' Write Markers. I distressed the edge of the Very Vanilla cardstock and colored the edge of the distressed card stock with my markers. I stamped the background with the Weathered Background stamp, crumpled up & folded up the edge and put a button on it. Then finished the card by adding some Caramel Gingham Ribbon.

The next card uses some of the same stamp sets with the exception of the greeting. In this case, I used Short & Sweet. I used my handheld circle punch to make holes on the side of the card and then threaded the Moss Gingham Ribbon and attached Vintage brads to keep the ribbon in place. Then the pumpkins were punched out with my circle punch and put on top of punched out squares. Then put dimensionals on the back to add some dimension to the card. Lastly the background was stamped and I distressed the edges.





The last card is a Halloween card. I stamped my little ghosts out and then cut them out with my scissors. Then I adhered them to black cardstock, I added some black brads. I then used Alphabits and punched out BOO with our 1/4" square punch.

No comments: