Friday, September 28, 2007

Simply Goodbye Scrappin'


A good friend of mine resigned the other day. Although I am happy for his future career opportunities, it is going to be really sad to see him leave. We worked together for three years and I am really going to miss him.

In what has become a department tradition, I have made a going away card for everyone to sign. If you opened the card, you would see additional sheets of papers in the middle folded in half that I attached to the card to ensure everyone has plenty of room to wish him well on his new endeavor and to remember old memories.

I was so excited that I was able to find a reason to break open the Creative License simply scrappin' kit that I earned with my hostess benefits! Yes even demonstrators can earn hostess benefits. Isn't it great, we stock up on our supplies and earn free merchandise.

Most of the pieces on the card are from the Simply Scrappin' kit. The only additions were Wild Wasabi double stiched ribbon that I tied on the side to keep the page inserts together with the card. To thread the ribbon, I punched the small horizontal slot on the side of the page. I used my spiral punch on the Wild Wasabi card stock to give the office notebook look. I paper pierced the pumpkin pie strip of paper. I added some silver brads to the bottom of the card.

The only stamping was using greeting with the Amazing to Zany stamp set, the one and my date stamp to put the date that he is leaving us. What a great kit to use to make cards for office co-workers. It was so easy to put together. I have to say simply scappin' is the way to go for fast scrappin' and card making!

No comments: