Sunday, October 7, 2007

Handmade Birthday Invitation

I was in the process of figuring out what I was going to share with all of you today and then I got a call from my mom who is visiting my niece. She put my niece on the phone and she was talking up a storm this morning. She is going to be turning 2 on Thursday. I told her that she was going to have a birthday well that is when she went into song and a sang the entire birthday song on her own. I can't believe in just a couples how far she has come. In July, it was my birthday, all I was got happy birthday and a giggle because she knew it was one of her favorite songs.

Since she before she was born, I've been making invitations for her life events. It started with the baby shower, to the 1st birthday to now her 2nd birthday. This year was a little bit of a challenge. The theme is Dora the Explorer. Well I took the challenge and this is what I came up with. The image of Dora, I got from this website. It has lots of great cartoon images. I printed Dora on our Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut her out. I then made pumpkins using our large and small ovals and the word window punch. The card stock was pumpkin pie and old olive. I made the bottom of the card a pocket. I folded over a piece of confetti cream and attached chocolate chip card stock with the weathered background stamped on it. I attached vintage brads to keep the pocket together. I printed the invitation details on the confetti cream card stock. I then made the you're invited greeting with our circle punches and the scallop circle punch. I also rounded all the corners with our corner rounder and attached some pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon.

Here is the invitation I made for her first birthday. It uses the Headline Numbers and Sweet Shapes, All Year Cheer II (retired stamp set). The colors are Pretty in Pink and Lavender Lace. I put some dazzling diamonds on the confetti. I tied some white organdy ribbon and tied some silver cord around it.

Here baby shower invitation was made in the shape of a onesie. This design came from our fabulous Inkredible Impressions group. We made this at one of our Stamp & Scrap University classes. I thought it was just great for her baby shower invitation. The stamp set is one that is retired, Welcome Little One. I stamped the white little flowers from the stamp set with Whisper White Craft Stamp Pad. I used my sponge dauber and put some pretty in pink on the edge of the onesie to add dimension. I tied on a pretty in pink gingham ribbon under the stamped greeting Welcome Little One.

It will be interesting what I'll have to come up with next year. I am just glad that I have found the website with all the cartoon images. It will be all I need to make her invitations for next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very adorable cards. Your niece is lucky to have someone making such awesome cards for her.
D-D-D-Dora is always a fav in our home.
TFS.