Friday, November 9, 2007

Inspiration from a Dress?

The other night I watched the Country Music Awards and as some of you know I am a very big fan. I even had the pleasure of being at the CMA's one year when they were in NYC. I was a volunteer usher and I was suppose to tell people where to go. Guess what no one asked or talked to me, but I didn't care. I was in the prime area of all. I was right in the path from the elevator from the red carpet to the side of the stage where they had to go sit. So I got the side view of the stage. The great thing was after awhile, they told me I was done and I didn't need to stand there anymore. Then I got to the press room where they all went after they won the award to talk to the press. It was an amazing night and I'll never forget it.

So it's become sort of a tradition for me, I watch the CMA in the fall and the ACM in the Spring. My favorite line of the night from the CMA's was when Taylor Swift won the Horizon award and said "this is the highlight of my senior year". So onto my inspiration... Carrie Underwood's dress when she sung "So Small". It was yellow with 2 jade green butterfly pins on it. I was like wow what a great color combo. So off to my stamping room I went today to see if I can do something with that inspiration.

Here is what I came up with.

The stamp set is Priceless. The greeting comes from Just so many sayings. The colors are YoYo Yello and Glorious Green. I cut the butterflies out and put them on dimensionals. Some paper piercing and a white taffetta ribbon finish the card.

No comments: