Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Quest for this Year's Christmas Card

I thought I'd share with you the cards that almost made the cut for this year's Christmas card. The idea was to come up with a great idea that would not be too much work. I will give you a hint the stamp set of choice was Perfect Presentation, but from there it took a few different ideas to get to the actual card.

The first card, didn't make the cut. I just could not see cutting all the each of those trees individually. The stamp set is Perfect Presenation. I first stamped the trees in Real Red and then stamp it Old Olive and cut it out. I adhered the cut out tree with dimensionals. Then I stamped the greeting and punched it out with my circle punches and layered them, putting a dimensional on the Dec. 25 circle. Lastly, some paper piercing and Red gingham ribbon finish the card off.

The next card, uses similar techniques except, I used the cutter kit to make the curve in the red cardstock. The greeting 'tis the season came from the Greetings Galore stamp set and I punched it out using the word window. Needless to say there were a few things that would have taken some time to make this card.

Stay tuned for more cards on the road to the making of this year's Christmas cards that will be going out in the next couple of days to family and friends.

No comments: