Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Day 2 for the Quest for this Year's Christmas Card

Before I start my post on day 2 of the quest for this year's Christmas card. I have to say start saving your money. Put cold hard cash on your Christmas wish list this year. We just got a sighting of the Spring Summer Collection from our Canadian friends over the border. They received their complimentary copies. You are just going to die for the new things in this book. So save your money, book your parties. In January, if you book a workshop in addition to all the other fabulous hostess benefits, you will get a free stamp set from the preview brochure.

I don't know if I can do my blog entry when I am on a new catalog high, but I will try. Here is the third card in the series came really close to this year's card. It also uses the same colors and stamp set as yesterday's post. The only difference was the JOY greeting on the bottom of the card that I colored using my Stampin' Write Markers and then cut it out. I think the coloring stopped this card from making this year's christmas card.


Next one I cased from the idea from last year's idea book for the Best of Cluck card. It is a monochromatic stamped card. The colors are Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss. The I used the canvas background stamp. The greeting comes from the Greetings Galore stamp set. I tore the bottom of the card and then trimmed the torn piece and attached to the center with silver brads. Then I tied a knot with the Mellow Moss grosgrain and attached it to the card with a mini glue dot.

I will give you a new catalog teaser. There are quite a few new punches. One has arrows. Stay tuned tomorrow for more cards on my journey to this year's Christmas card and maybe a few more teasers. And one more thing I will add there is no 8 1/2 x 11 scrapbook replacement so if you love 8 1/2 x 11 like me. Don't forget to email me your order. I believe it is becoming a rare commodity.

No comments: