Thursday, January 10, 2008

Crab & Company and Time Well Spent


Here are two more homemade cards samples from my shoebox swap. The first one is made with Crab & Company. The card stock colors are Kraft, Ruby Red, Bordering Blue, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla and Barely Banana. The Kraft paper was torn and then some Close to Cocoa ink was sponged on. Then we stamped with the Itty Bitty Backgrounds the speckles. The Close to Cocoa background we stamped the Canvas background and also tore and sponged some color on. We also did some sponging to the Bordering Blue sky. The crab, the shells and starfish were stamped and cut out. My finishing touches to the original card design was of course putting the googlie eyes on the crab, stamping the greeting from the Eat Cake stamp set. I then threaded a natural button with natural cord and tie it on top.


The next card was one that I created for the Shoebox event. It was a quick and easy homemade Valentine's card. The card stock colors are Confetti White and Rose Red. We stamped the heart from the Time Well Spent stamp set and colored it in with my Stampin' Write Markets. The Rose Red for the outline and the flower and Regal Rose for the center of the heart. I then put a silver brad through the center of the flower. Using my square punches, I made the layers to put under the heart. Some dimensionals were added to add dimension to the card. Lastly, the greeting from Holidays and Wishes was stamped on the card. The one thing I will note, coloring on our Naturals and Confetti paper with our Stampin' Write markers helps eliminate the color lines. If I colored on Whisper White, I would have seen some of the color lines.

No comments: