Friday, January 11, 2008

Stamp of Authenticity and Color Challenge of the Week

Here is this week's color challenge, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Basic Grey. I am so excited, I came up with an idea using the file folder card template that my friend Colleen showed me how to do last Saturday. Click here and you will brought to step by step instructions on how to create the file folder pocket card.

The other thing that makes me happy is using the the Stamp of Authenticity stamp set. It was one of those that was a must have and then you find you don't use it as much. So in the background you will see that images stamped from the set. The flowers I stamped in the Canvas background first and then punched flowers out with the 5 petal flower punch. The center I put a natural button threaded with linen thread. The leaves I created with the small oval punch. First I crimped the card stock, then punched the oval and cut the oval in half. The flowers and the leaves were attached to the card with dimensionals. The sides of the file folder were stapled to keep the folder together. Some bashful blue ribbon tied the outside together.

I stamped the word happy birthday from the Amazing to Zany stamp set and punched it out the round tab punch. I attached it to the insert with my stapler. The inside insert, I edge has some Stamp of Authenticity stamped and the a piece of Basic Gray and some Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon.

Click here to be brought to Tracy's blog to see what she created with the color challenge. Colleen is having a little difficulty finding her camera so hopefully we will see her creation soon.

No comments: