Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Embrace Life Homemade Card Samples

Here is the card that created by Dale Morin. The funny thing is that I was so anxious to get started I didn't realize I didn't stamp on the correct piece of paper. I started with the Confetti Cream first. So I stamped the images and colored them and then realized I had a piece of Shimmery White. So I stamped the image again onto the Shimmery White and colored it in and took the both piece home and assembled when I got home where I could cut another piece of Confetti Cream and make the card the way it was intended to be.

So the first card is the one created by Dale. The flowers from Embrace Life were stamped on the Shimmery White card stock. To have flowers overlap, Dale had a mask to cover up the first flower we stamped while we stamped the 2nd flower. We then took our Aqua Painters and grabbed the color from the Bravo Burgundy ink that we stamped flowers in. It was just enough ink to give a soft and beautiful look to the flowers. We then mounted the Shimmery Card stock onto the Bravo Burgundy followed by the Confetti Cream. Some Bravo Burgundy ribbon finishes the card off.

So now what to do with the images I stamped on Confetti Cream. Well, I put a strip of Bravo Burgundy onto the card and then using my Handheld Horizontal Slot punch, I made a hole towards the top of the card where it folds. I then threaded Very Vanilla tafetta ribbon.
As they always say there's no mistakes in stamping!

No comments: