Saturday, January 5, 2008

My Christmas Gift - A Year of Color

My friend, Colleen, gave me a fabulous Christmas gift this year. It is a Year of Color. She put together a new color combination for each week of the year. I absolutely love it. So every week, I am plan on taking the challenge and coming up with a new project with the color combo of the week. I hope you can take the challenge with us. Email them to me and I would love to post your creations on my blog. Click here to see Colleen's creation.

I have to say the first one was a challenge for me. We were actually together last night stamping, so I took her challenge during our stamp night. I thought it was Real Red and White, so I started making a Valentine's card and then she was like where is the Black. So I had to change my whole way of thinking and come up with a card with black in it. So here is my card with Real Red and Basic Black color challenge. It is uses the Office Accoutrement stamp set. I stamped various pieces of the stamp images and cut them out. The small flower and important message were attached with Stampin' Dimensionals. I put a Basic Black button in the center of the large flower. The red background, I stamped the calendar stamp and stamped the March with the Short Order Alphabet.

No comments: