Thursday, February 21, 2008

This Week's Color Challenge


If you have a minute, check out Colleen's entry on this week's color challenge. She is so right I was cursing her for this week's challenge. The colors are Basic Black, Sahara Sand and Basic Gray. Wow, what a hard color combination. My first thought was to do something with the Wanted stamp set, but I really want to play with one of the new stamp sets I just got so, here is what I came up with.

I stamped the swirl from Baroque Motifs and added Halfback pearls from the Pretties kit and attached them with mini glue dots. Next I stamped the greeting from the Lovely Labels stam set and punched it out with our 1 3/8" circle punch. I then attached it to a scallop circle punch that I paper pierced. All three layers of the embellishment, I adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals when I was done. Next, I cut a circle out with my Coluzzle and then attached a piece of Basic Black card stock beneath it. Then I took the coluzzle and made the circle frame with my Sahara Sand card stock and attached on top of the black. Lastly, a bow with our Kraft Taffetta ribbon and paper piercing finish the card off.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

This looks so elegant!!! I love it. You may have been cursing me, but the results are woth it!!!

Ivan said...

Sorry. Look please here

Tracy said...

Awesome job with this color combo! I'm still struggling! Love the card!