Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Colleen

Today is my stamping buddy's birthday, Colleen. We were all at an all day scrapbooking event yesterday so we got spend the day stamping and scrapbooking. Is there anything better than that! Here is a card I made for her before she arrived yesterday. It uses the great set Unfroggetable which always makes me think of her. When it first came out I was like I don't think I need a frog set. Then I played with her set and fell in love and just had to buy it. This card is all Colleen for me, it uses one of her favorite colors, Eggplant Envy and it is done in the file folder style which I learned from her. The flowers were stamped in Basic Black and then I colored them in with my Blender Pens and the ink from the stamp pads. I did the same thing with the frog, but I cut him out when I was done and attached him to the card with dimensionals. Then with the corner rounder, I rounded the corners of the file folder. I punched out round tab punch and attached it to the card with a staple. The finishing touch was two always artichoke buttons.

Here is a picture of me with my scrapbooking buddies, we had a great day getting projects done and catching up. Looking forward to the next event. It's amazing how much you can get done while chit chatting the day away with friends.

1 comment:

Kimmarie Baker said...

Happy Birthday Colleen! I had so much fun playing with your stamp sets. What a great way to try new things and get inspired. Took lots of pictures of your samples. Thanks :)