Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Scallop Circle Daisy


Today's card inspiration came from Stampin' Up Demonstrator Web Site's Stamper's Showcase gallery. Justina Valdez-Carruthers used the scallop circle punch and made it look like a daisy! I just love this idea. I am such a daisy fan. I just am not a fan of white ink so when we had the Decorative Daisy stamp a few catalogs back, I passed on it because I know I could never bring myself to use it as much I would have liked to because of the white ink. So when I saw Stamper's Showcase, I knew I had to case the idea for this week's color challenge. The color challenge this week is Eggplant Envy, Apricot Appeal and Certainly Celery. I made the scallop circle daisies by taking my paper snips and cutting into the circle of the scallop not all the way into the middle of the circle and not to close to each petal. I then used my 1/2 inch circle punch the centers. I attached the centers with dimensionals and I also attached the flowers to the card with dimensionals. Then a strip of the Apricot Appeal Prints Designer Series Paper that is part of the Level 1 Hostess choices came on the bottom. Some Eggplant Envy grosgrain ribbon was attached. Then I made a bow and attached with a glue dot. The greeting comes from the Think Happy Thoughts which I punched and layered with my 2 large circles. The finishing touch was some paper piercing. Thank you again Justina for the inspiration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I love the last two cards!! One more week almost!!!