Thursday, May 1, 2008

School Days Scrapbook Page


These were last year's school pictures of my three favorite little ones. Since I needed to put last year's photos away to make room for this year's, I decided to scrap them. It was perfect time too since I could use our fabulous Summer Picnic designer series paper in our Occasions Mini. So the first thing I did was lay the paper down along with a strip of Old Olive towards the top. I then used the Nursery Necessities stamped the stars from that set and punched them out with the large star punch and adhered them to the page with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The great thing about this page is that it shows two different ways you can add some color to your On Board chipboard.

The S in the title comes from the On Board Simon Upper Chipboard. I dressed up the chipboard with our Summer Picnic Designer Series paper. First I used our Anywhere Glue Stick and applied the glue to the chipboard. Next, I laid the paper down on top of the letter. Next I ran my bone folder across the top of the paper so that way the glue goes into the fibers of the chipboard. Next taking the cutting mat and the hobby knife I was able to cut the S out as close to the chipboard. Whatever excess paper remained, I used the sanding blocks to sand it away.

Then old olive frame on the bottom comes from the On Board Accents Chipboard. I took my sponge daubers and ran them across the Old Olive stamp pads. I then took the color from the stamp pad and applied it to the chipboard. Two old olive brads were put in the frame as well.

The rest of the school days title I stamped with the taffy alphabet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have become a scrapbooking queen. I love the page.