Saturday, July 19, 2008

Angels Everywhere



I started day with a wonderful surprise that just made my day. I came into work with a box on my chair. I opened it up to find these two beautiful items that were crocheted by my friend's mother. I had recently done something for the two of them and this was there way of thanking me, well I have to say I was in tears this morning. This weekend is my nephew's christening and I am the godmother. Usually I am so good about getting a special something for the event, but this time with everything going on my life, it slipped my mind. I, of course made two cards for the event, but I completely forgot about getting something special keepsake, so when I saw the homemade cross and and a bib, I was really touched. It was like an angel was watching out for me and giving me what I needed. Her work is just beautiful.

Here are the two cards I made for my nephew. I have to say it is a challenge making homemade christening cards with no actual religious sets from Stampin' Up! That is my ultimate wish list is to have one or two sets that we can use for occasions like these. So the first one started with a cross punch that I think I picked up at AC Moore made by EK Success. I put a halfback pearl in the center and layered on top of two square punches. Next came the border that I made with my new scallop edge punch. Have I said how much I love this punch lately. Next, I lined up the All Scallops stamp set stamping in our new InColor, Baja Breeze. Then a strip of the Baja Breeze card stock came next. The finishing touch was the greeting stamped from our retired Buggies & Booties stamp set.

The next card, I decided to use the photo that was on the Christening invitation. I cut the photo and then used my corner rounder to round out the corners. Next I stamped the greeting from the retired Welcome Little One stamp set masking off part of the greeting. I adhered them to a piece of textured Soft Sky paper and then a strip of the Prints Soft Sky Designer Series Paper followed. Lastly, some white tafetta ribbon and half back pearls finish the card off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Stasia - these are precious cards. I love how you used the photo from the invitation & incorporated it into the card. Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Christening card with the photo! Please feel free to forward any other cards you or others create with photos, since I love to use my kids photos I cards if I can! Your ideas are so beautiful and really compliment the photos!