Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Christmas in July


I was going through my samples to look for retired stamp set samples and realized I never posted this card when I made it. So here it is a little of Christmas in July. It's never too soon to start thinking of Christmas cards. Just doing a little bit every week and before you know it they will be done by time the holiday season rolls around.


So here is a card I made with my favorite snowflake, Snowflake Spot. It started with a piece of Bordering Blue card stock folded in half in which I cut out an oval Coluzzle on the front piece. I made a scallop edge with my slit punch and attached it the back piece of the card. Next, I adhered a piece of whisper white card stock to the back of the bordering blue piece covering the scallop edge. Then proceeded to stamp a snowflake and the word Joy from the set on a piece of Whisper White card stock. I added some Dazzling Diamonds with my 2 way glue pen and put a halfback pearl in the center of the snowflake. The finishing touch was the white taffeta ribbon tied in a bow.