Monday, August 25, 2008

Stamping with Jessica

I got to spend the day stamping with my cousin Jessica. We decorated a notebook for her to use in school. It was great we ended up using some of my retired designer paper and chipboard to make her notebook. The great thing about the notebook it comes with a clear vinyl cover that protects the artwork. She first stamped her name with the Taffy Alphabet and then punched out the letters with the 1 3/8" inch circle punch. Next came a strip of Bashful Blue, Cutie Pie designer series paper and wide certainly celery grosgrain ribbon. Then she put cover the chipboard heart with some more Cutie pie and then she applied some retired Sale-a-bration Love & Happiness rub-ons. Then she tied grosgrain ribbons to the top of the notebook.

While she was working on her notebook, I decided to make a new notebook to write my notes in. I started with the Bella Rose Designer Series paper. I stamped the word notes with the Lovely Letters in Riding Hood Red ink and layered it on top of punched square punches. Next came a scallop edge made with Very Vanilla card stock. I embellished my notebook with two flowers I punched out with the five petal flower that I put a very vanilla ribbon threaded with linen thread. A wide chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon lines the left of the notebook. I then tied some chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon to the top of the notebook.

1 comment:

Kimmarie Baker said...

She so pretty! Great job on the notebooks! I need to get me some Red Riding Hood Papers.