Friday, December 5, 2008

Homemade Money Holder

I decided to make this week's color challenge into a homemade money holder for the holidays. The colors for this week are Real Red and Handsome Hunter. I started with a 8 1/2 x 11 white piece of paper. I scored it at 4 and 4. The 3 inch piece I cut on a diagonal so the money can be pulled out easy and not get stuck inside the pocket. I fastened the one side with a brad. The smaller side of the pocket, I put a little mono to keep the pocket in place. The inside I stamped the greeting Heard from the Heart and the holly from the Holiday Trinkets stamp set. To keep the pocket from opening, I put a velcro circle in place. Now to the front of the envelope. It started with the Real Red Patterns designer series paper. Which followed by a tailored bow. Then the two holly colored in and stamped with Stampin' Write Markers. The word merry, I stamped with the Schoolbook Serif alphabet, followed by the word christmas from the Fundamental Phrases stamp set. The finishing touches were the buttons and the scallop border.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice and pretty, well done!

Anonymous said...

Nice and pretty, well done!

Lorraine said...

Stasia, I love it. I have fallen so far behind in the color challenges, I'm glad to see you haven't. Gives me inspiration!