Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I would like to wish all my friends, family and fellow stampers, Happy Mother's Day!   Here is a super cute idea that was inspired by the flowers I got for my mom.   Instead of a card, I decided to make a pennant to put in the vase with the flowers!   It also gave me the opportunity to try out the great flower that has been showcased on different blogs and Pinterest!

It is made with the Blossoms Petal Builder Punch.   I punched 16 of the large petals and 9 of the small ones.   The center was made with the Daisy Sizzex.    The petals I used my paper piercer to curve them and then of course played with them when adhering them to the paper.    The first layer I attached with mono-adhesive.   The second layer was attached with Stampin' Dimensionals.   The last layer I just attached with monoadhesive.   The center I used glue dots and scrunched the daisy into the center.

Hope everyone has an amazing day and is treated like a queen!   Still need card ideas for Mother's day, click here  to see some samples.

Ingredients to make the pennant:
Stamp Sets:  Messages for Mom, Notably Ornate
Ink:   Tangerine Tango
Paper:   Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Early Espresso and Tangerine Tango Patterns Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Pearls, Tangerine Tango Polka Dot Ribbon, Whisper White Tafetta Ribbon
Tools:   Scallop Trim Border Punch, Blossoms Petal Builder Punch, Daisy Sizzex, Big Shot, Butterfly Punch from a local Craft Store

No comments: