Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Fun day of Crafting



I had a fun day of crafting and creating yesterday and wanted to share some of my projects.    It was fun to create projects with products that I normally do not work with.

The best part of my creative day was my renewed desire to making time to scrapbook as one of my goals for 2015.    I have been so focused in creating cards so I will have an inventory to sell at the coffee shop that I forget how much fun it is to create 3-D items for home decor as well.

My first project is my heart wall hanging.     With my circle and heart framelits, I was able to create a beautiful wall hanging to put on my wall for Valentine's Day!    Want to get a sneak peak in how the whole thing stays together and hangs, scroll down and see my photo below.     The placed the hearts temporarily in the arrangement I wanted to have them display and then with a pencil I outlined them on a piece of cardboard.   I used the hard card board that comes in the designer series paper pack.    I then cut out the outline and reattached the circles.    Now my hearts are attached to a piece of cardboard and will not come apart.    I used photo brackets to hang the ribbon.    The bows I attached with a hot glue gun.    The hearts in the center I used sticky strip.    Behind the bows, I used pin/jewelry holders.      

Next came scrapbook pages with my niece and nephew.     For my niece's page, I layered tags I diecut and added some stickers and enamel dots to complete her page.

My nephew's scrapbook page, I used different size stars and some stamped ink splatters to make a fun page.     The title was stamped with my alphabet stamps.




I love the simplicity of my love card.   I was actually inspired by a sweater design I saw.    How super easy is this card.    The hardest part was making sure the heart lined up when I die cut it!
My Hello Sunshine card was fun to make and I actually impressed myself in being creative when making my sun!    Check out the photo below for a visual on how I created it.    I attached punched a circle and attached it the card stock.   Using my triangle punch I punched to make the rays in different varying degrees.

The circles in the background were sponged on.   The sentiment was heat embossed.    The clouds were stamped and cut out.












To make the celebrate love card, the first thing I did was punch out the hearts, applied glaze to the top of the hearts and put them aside to dry.    I took pink ink and sponged it to the background.    The Love was heat embossed with white embossing powder.   The little hearts were stamped to the card.

The best part of this card as well as my other love card was no embellishments!!    I love that when sending the cards there will be no additional postage!!

#funstampersjourney #kotm #fsj #richardgaray #makeamazinghappen #spellbinders




No comments: