Monday, June 9, 2008

This Week's Color Challenge


This week's color challenge is Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Handsome Hunter and Sahara Sand. I have to say it wasn't the easiest challenge, but it may have been for the fact I was trying to do a 30th birthday card at the same time. I think a outdoor scrapbook page would have been easier to do with this color combo. So here I stamped the word big from the retired stamp set Think Big and birthday comes from the Just B stamp set. Next came sponge on the Close to Cocoa color to the chipboard numbers. In the background, I used the Old Olive Prints Designer Series Paper. I punched out the stars and put a close to cocoa button in the center. Lastly, I laid down strips of close to cocoa card stock to section off each of the elements of the card.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cool. I like it.

Lorraine said...

Very good use of the colors. I like how you incorporated the patterned paper.

Anonymous said...

I agree, the first thing I thought of was the great outdoors too! I like the blocking on the card! Nice job as always!