Sunday, June 8, 2008

Wallet Size Mini Photo Album

My mom wanted me to print out the most recent pictures I had of my niece and nephew so she can show them off at the latest party she went. So I printed out wallet size photos of some of our favorites. It started making me think, I wish I had a photo album small enough for her to put them all in. Then I remembered a project I did recent shoebox event and I realized I can make one for her.

So first I took a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock, 4" x 7" and then scored it at the 1" mark and then at 4". The one inch score is actually tucked inside the fold. When it comes time to put the belly band on it, it will keep your photos safely tucked inside.

Next come the inside pages for the wallet size photos. I took three pieces of Very Vanilla and cut it 5 6/8" x 3 1/2" and folded them in half. To secure the pages in the album, I took two gold brads and fastened them in the center of the folded pages. The first page of the album and the last page, I adhered the pages to the pumpkin pie card stock to ensure the pages are secure in the album. Next I put a piece of Pumpkin Pie Prints Designer Series Paper and covered the front.

Next comes the belly band, I took a strip of Pumpkin Pie card stock and wrapped it around the album keeping it a little loose so you can pull the belly band on and off without any it getting stuck around the album. I secured the band in place with a layering of the flower fusion flowers that I put a Rhinestone brad through the center of the flowers and through the belly band card stock where the two ends met. Lastly, I stamped the word love from the Fundamental Phrases stamp set.

Any proud grandma would be so happy to have this in her purse to show off her grandkids. How great, every couple of months as the kids grow, you can make a new book and it only takes some card stock and accessories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Very creative.