Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Today is eScape Day

Today is Stampin' Up! first ever eScape day. It's a day to connect with family and friends. Turn off laptops, cell phones, pagers, PDAs, and all those other electronic devices that we've grown so accustomed to. Take the time to reconnect with friends and loved ones through personal communication. Well since I have to go to work, I know I can't escape some of those electronic devices. I did want to take a minute to talk about two of my stamping buddies and what their friendship has meant to me as well taking a minute to showcase some of their beautiful work. Two friendships, Colleen and Tracy that started with a love of the craft has become two special friendship that I have come to depend and cherish.

Tracy was great and that she did get a beautiful card in the mail to me to celebrate the day. Here it is made with the Pretty Petals stamp set. She colored the flowers in with her Stampin' Write Markers. She then colored in the greeting from Think Happy Thoughts and punched it out her circle punches. I love how she did that! The finishing touch was the wide grosgrain ribbon in the Old Olive color.

She also has given me 2 terrific baby cards that I've been meaning to post but I haven't had a minute to do so. One is made with the great stamp set in the Occasions mini, By Ones & By Twos. For you Stampin' Up! demonstrators, you may recognize this as a card that made it on Stamper's Showcase this week. She stamped the onesie on a piece of Berry Bliss Designer paper and then cut it out and attached it to the card. She stamped the Polka Dot background stamp. The scallop border was made with the 5/16"corner rounder. some grosgrain and gingham ribbon finish the project.

The next card also created by Tracy is made with the onesie template found on Lauren Meader's blog. She stamped the butterfly from the Sweet Shapes stamp set. The greeting comes from the Short & Sweet stamp set. The finishing touches were the scallope edges and the silver brads.
The next two projects came from my friend Colleen. The first one she made with the Fresh Cuts stamp set that is a sneak peak to the Fall Winter Idea Book that you can purchase now. She stamped in Silver ink and embossed the image. The greeting she stamped and then punche with her two ovals. The background is the Soft Sky Designer Series paper. The bottom of the card, she punched with the 1/4" inch circle Basic Grey card stock and then put a silver brad through the center.

Next project that I received from Colleen was a Jacob's ladder project. Click here to see the tutorial on how to make the project. It's a great way to showcase pictures or just have fun playing with it. Here she made it with some chipboard coasters, some ribbon and Berry Bliss designer series paper.

Hope you enjoyed the projects as much as I have enjoyed receiving them from my two talented friends.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that onesie shaped card is pretty cute!

arlene,
Gig Harbor florist