Friday, July 25, 2008

More Bella Rose Designer Series Paper

Here is more Bella Rose designer series paper. Here I made into a patchwork quilt by using my 1 3/8" square punch lining up the squares to make it look like a quilt. Then on the other side of the card, I used the 3/4" square and trimmed off the excess. Then came a strip of scallop edge made with are new punch in Riding Hood Red. I adhered pink gingham ribbon to the top, tied a bow and attached with a glue dot. Next came the pretties colored with ink refill and my aqua painter. Again, I attached them my pop up glue dots. On the top I put one of our new buttons. The greeting comes from a retired stamp set, Brighter Tomorrow.

The reason for this card is a good friend and co-worker passed away. She was only 52 and she died suddenly. She worked in our Accounts Payable department for 17 years and knew everyone. She was always there with a Hey Girlfriend with a smile on her face. I made it for all my co-workers in the building to sign. What I did was fold more white card stock in half to make additional pages to put inside the card. Of course the extra pages were decorated inside. The extra pages will give everyone extra space to write messages to her love ones.

The inside I used the 3/4" square punch and lined up across the bottom of the card stock. The alternating page, I punched out a rose with my 1 3/8" circle punch and then layered it on top of a scallop circle punched out in our Kiwi Kiss card stock. I paper pierced the center of each scallop. Then I added a strip of Kiwi Kiss card stock.
I then made holes with my crop-a-dile and used my hemp to tie the pages together, the bow being tied on the inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cool looking.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful & thoughtful gift!