Tuesday, July 15, 2008

This Week's Color Combo

This week's color combo is Real Red, Old Olive and Very Vanilla. The first thought was to do something for a Christmas in July theme, but I really wanted to break out of that thinking and do something a little different. Mr. UPS just delivered my With Gratitude stamp set and I really wanted to break in the stamp set and make something with it. So I came up with a scrapbook page and with the left over pieces I made a coordinating card for this challenge. I used my Stampin' Write Markers and colored in the leaves and then with my water bottle I spritz a little water to give the leaves a more realistic look. I stamped a few on the Confetti Cream paper and then I also cut a few out and attached them to the page with Stampin' Dimensionals. Next, I stamped the title with my Best Friends Lower Alphabet. The finishing touches were the Hodgepodge Hardware and the Twill Tape. Don't you just love the face on my nephew. I can't believe he is only a few months old. He looks so much like my brother when he was a baby. He is in the picture with my cousin's girlfriend.


The card uses the same techiques, the only difference was the vintage brads and the Old Olive card stock was distressed. Make sure to check out the following links for more ideas using the color combos of the week: Colleen, Debbie, Lorraine, Kelly, Chris, Traci and Tracy.

No comments: