Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gifts Received and Given

It's about a month later, but I wanted to post some gifts I have received from my friends. The first one comes from Debbie Modrowsky. It is a covered composition notebook, she made for me to put my convention notes in. It uses the retired Blue Bayou and Western Sky Designer Series Paper. She framed the title with our Styled Silver hodgepodge and used the ticket corner.

The next 3 projects come from my friend Colleen for my birthday. The All About You book she made for me is by far one of the most thoughtful and most amazing gifts I have ever received. Not only did she make the book for me, she put photos of my life and my family in it. She took pictures that I sent her links to, printed them out and put this in a coaster book that she bound on her own. I have to say I am touched. She even put pictures of my Special Guest Article that was done on me in the book as well as my published card in Stamp It! magazine.





The next projects made by her was a post it holder and a card. All the projects were done with our fabulous Bella Rose designer series paper. The stamp set Dream deJour was used in all three projects. The title on the All About You book was stamped in our Lovely Letters alphabet and embossed.

The next project is one I made for a co-worker. She loves Smarties. What better way to deliver them to put them in a metal tin I got in the Target dollar bins and decorated with our Happiness & Love rub-ons from Sale-a-bration. I put the smarties in a cello bag and tied it with our Regal Rose wide grosgrain ribbon.



Then the last project was magnetic bookmarkers I made for my customers to put in their bags with their purchases. I also made another version of the bookmarker with some retired designer series paper, Fall Flowers, for my own use. The book markers are made with the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set. The first bookmarker is made with Tangerine Tango color. The finishing touches was the scallop edge border made with our new punch and the natural button with linen thread. The second bookmarker uses quite a few retired accessories, besides the paper, I also put on the bookmarker our retired chocolate chip poly twill ribbon and a close to cocoa eyelet.



I hope you enjoyed the homemade gifts I shared with you. Hope it inspires you to make something homemade for the people in your life.

No comments: