Friday, August 15, 2008

Manly Birthday Card


I had to make two birthday cards for two of my guy friends. Thank God, I have Big Bold Birthday because I don't know what I would have done to create a manly birthday card. I may have needed to dip into my retired stamp sets to create something. So here I stamped the candle and the bottom of the cupcake from the stamp set and cut them out. The frosting topping, I actually used half of my scallop punch and punched out the image from the retired Dashing designer series paper. Since I only needed a small piece of designer paper, I went through my scrap pile and found this paper that worked perfectly for what I needed it for. I then used my oval coluzzle to make a window card. First I used the oval shape through the front of the real red card stock card front. Then I took a piece of very vanilla for the top and made anothe oval shape. I adhered the vanilla on top of the real red card. Then I put a strip of dashing and real red on top and bottom. What a great way to use all the little scraps we can't bear to throw out.

No comments: