Thursday, September 18, 2008

This Week's Color Challenge


Here's this week's color challenge in a yummy cupcake. The colors this week are creamy caramel, regal rose and always artichoke. I have to say there isn't much always artichoke in this card, just a small hint in the sprinkles. I first stamped the cupcake from the Simple Birthday Thanks stamp set on a piece or creamy caramel. The bottom half of this stamp set is actually a thank you where your child can fill in and say thank you for their gift. It leaves a place to put the to:, from: and the gift they received. Super easy and super cute. You can just stamp the cupcake, have your child fill it out and color in the sprinkles and the cherry. Personalized birthday thank you card.


Let me get back to the card now that I made now that I went off on a tangent. After stamping the cupcake, I cut the bottom out and crimped it. Next I stamped the cupcake again on Very Vanilla and with my Stampin' Write Markers I colored it in. Next I cut the top portion of the cupcake out. I attached the cupcake top and bottom to a piece of confetti cream. I then stamped the greeting from the On Your Birthday stamp set. I only stamped the words from the greeting by masking off the bottom. Next I stamped the 3 from the Short Order Alphabet. With my 1 3/8" inch circle, I punched out the greeting. I attached the greeting also to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Finally the scallop edge was punched and twill tape was tied around it. I just love the size of this cupcake. I can't wait to do a scrapbook page or gift bag with it. I'm sure you will see one in the future!


No comments: