Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Michael

Today is nephew's first birthday. Here are two birthday cards I made for his special day. The first one I stamped the word one with the Schoolbook Serif alphabet, then the look who's talking came from the On Your birthday stamp set. I stamped the bottom of the cupcake from teh Big Bold Birthday. I then stamped the cupcake top and cut it out. I turned it over so I had the clean white side and I put brads in for sprinkles. I attached them to the card with dimensionals. The I stamped the candle and cut it out and adhered under the cupcake frosting. The designer paper is Rainbow Sherbert. Turquoise grosgrain ribbon and a scallop edge finish the card.

The second card I took out my chipboard one from one of the retired chipboard sets. I sponged on some chocolate chip craft ink. I then stamped some of the animals from the Wild About You stamp set. Then I stamped the greeting again from the On Your Birthday stamp set. Next, I didn't have a large circle cutter, so I borrowed my friend Colleen's CM circle cutter. With the large circle, I then took my 1" circle punch, punched the little circles and placed them underneath the circle. I layed the circle on a piece of retired Apricot Appeal Prints Designer Paper. A strip of chocolate chip and two chocolate buttons finish the card off.
Happy Birthday Michael!

No comments: